1. Copies of W-2s and 1099s (wages, interest, dividends, IRA contributions and distributions, unemployment compensation, SS benefits, state tax refund, sales of stock or other investment).
  2. All 1098s, year-end statements for mortgage and home equity loans. Also, settlement statements for new purchases or refinancing.
  3. Documents for any IRA or pension transfers, amounts invested in IRAs and year end account, balances.
  4. For college Tuition, you need to have the form 1098T issued by the educational institution as well as proof of payment. You may be able to access the payment information through the College Bursars’ Office.
  5. Names of any new dependents, dates of birth and social security numbers. Inform us of individuals who are no longer dependents.
  6. Name, address, and tax ID number and amount paid for each dependent to any childcare provider.
  7. Receipts for any charitable contributions. Non-cash contributions should have specifics for items donated.
  8. If self-employed, list expenses and income related to this business.
  9. List any unreimbursed business expenses such as union dues, uniforms, travel meals, and business miles.
  10. For rental property bring a list of income and expenses, including improvements. For a newly purchased rental bring the settlement sheet.
  11. Provide date and amount for each estimated tax payment made.
  12. Any other documents, student loan interest, tuition expenses, K-ls or for residential mortgage where no escrow is paid a copy of the real estate tax bill.
  13. The AFFORDABLE CARE ACT requires that taxpayers must carry health insurance or pay a shared responsibility penalty. Please have your health insurance information. Some taxpayers will be issued forms (1094,1095) by either their employers, insurance companies or marketplace where they purchased insurance.